Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Older and Wiser

Older and Wiser
(7-31-10)


Was it just yesterday when I saw you
Walking up the street
Skinny as can be
Eyes trained staring at me

A smile on your lips
Eyes hard to resist
We talked
We sneaked
Made out
Once or twice a week

I couldn’t wait to see you
I was your candy
You were my cameo
22 years later
We’re back to a future we don’t know
Picking up where we left off
As if it were only a pause
A trace
A minute of time
A phase

This time older and wiser
Seasoned with time
The chemistry still ripe
Juicy ready to bite
With patience on our side
We can slowly collide
All the passion left unfinished
Explore our sensual side
And let fate be our guide

The season has passed
And fate has decided
The hands of time can’t turn back
We aren’t the same
Our mindsets are rearranged
What could have been new
Has now become unglued

Your lifestyle and choices
My expectations voices
Are not compatible to mine
The lack of communication
By phone, text, or email
Has caused a strain
And left me waiting to exhale

So we’ll let sleeping dogs lie
And see this as another passing tide
For the older me
Says leave the drama at the door
And the wiser in me
Says it wasn’t the real thing once more


All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment