Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

I Simply Don't Exist

I don't think you could have expressed to me
By your words, actions, or deeds
How dead I really am to you
Finally I get it

It's as if all the intimate feelings we shared
Disappeared in thin air
It's as if the times when things were going good 
Never happened
It's as if my face and body in every picture we've ever taken
Were cut out, I don't exist
It's as if the children we created in love
Were born by an immaculate conception
I don't exist

Finally I get it.
The tears I cry, you won't wipe away
The pain I feel, you wouldn't numb
If my heart would bleed, you wouldn't seal the wound
Cause I ceased to exist to you
It's sad but true

At one point I was your friend
I was your lover
I was your confidant
But time grew us apart 
And I broke your heart

Even a dog is given food when it whines
Even a dog is given water when it pants
But when i knock on your door
I can't cross the threshold
But when I ask for help
I am told not from here
When I seek for understanding
I get no sympathy, not even empathy
I don't exist

So you've moved on
What we had is all gone
But what happened to forgiveness
Don't we need it to get along
Because as fate would have it
We have at least 10 years to go
By then the youngest 
Will become old

I must be lower than a friend
Because they can be heard
I must be lower than a co-worker
Because you can work as a team
I must be lower than a stranger
Because they are given common courtesy
I must be lower than your enemy
Because at least they get a passing glance

Finally i get it, I simply don't exist


All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment