Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

He Looks Like A Man

Ok I’ll tell you what I know
He looks like a man.
You know, tall, dark, and handsome.
I mean, he really looks like a man.
His hair’s cut almost bald to his head.
Shiny looking and the prettiest straight teeth

And then there is his physique
Oh yes, he looks every bit of a man
Broad shoulders, chiseled chest,
Arms so strong, they can hold me up
Washboard abs that ripple beneath my hand
Mmmm, he does look like a man.
Narrow hips, hard thighs
His male wand that speaks magic, no surprise
Oh yes, he looks and feels like my dream man
Mmm, mmm, mmmm!!

But I’m not sure if he acts like one.
I mean, I know he’s going through a rough patch right now
Jobs not being what they use to be
Not to mention, the color of his skin
But not supporting his kids on a regular
For 3 or 4 years
I don’t know, is that a man?

Now don’t get me wrong,
Everybody has it rough at times
He can’t help it if his dream job of working 6 figures didn’t come through
He can’t help it if the bill is due but the stock he invested in made him lose
He can’t help it if his boys need him to help out so he can get the hook up
He can’t help it if his babies mama’s complain that it’s just not enough when he’s giving what he can, not what he must
When he’s doing the best he can to survive himself?
Can he?

I mean, am I wrong for thinking
He just might not be a man, even if he looks like one!
I mean is it really his fault that the only management job he could find is McDonalds instead of Donald Trump Enterprise?
He’s got a lifestyle to maintain, you know.
I mean is it really his fault that the investment his boys told him was a sure deal ended up being a raw deal?
Hey, shit happens, right?  You can’t win them all!
Is it really his fault that women chose to get pregnant by him
And expect him to support the children they gave birth too.
I mean, he didn’t get a vote in Roe vs. Wade
So can you really blame him for not being a constant in their lives?

Ok, all I can do is tell you what I know
I know, I handle my business,
I take care of my family,
I work one, two, three jobs
To make sure my kids have a roof over their heads
I will go hungry, to put food on the table.
I will forgo the gym to put clothes on their backs
I’ll miss going out with girls to pay my bills on time
Whoa!!
Could it be, I’ve answered my own self?
Is this what a man should do?
How can you claim to look like a man,
But not act like one too!

(5-8-09)
All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment