Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Maya Angelou Quotes




“While I know myself as a creation of God, I am also obligated to realize and remember that everyone else and everything else are also God’s creation.”

“Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.”

“Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future and renders the present inaccessible.”

“It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.”

“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”

“Listen to yourself and in that quietude you might hear the voice of God.”

“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

“The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach hearts is wise.”

“Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option.”

“Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.”

“I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.”

“I do not trust people who don’t love themselves and yet tell me, ‘I love you.’ There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt.”

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”

“If I am not good to myself, how can I expect anyone else to be good to me?”

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”

“If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude..”

“My great hope is to laugh as much as I cry; to get my work done and try to love somebody and have the courage to accept the love in return.”

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”

“I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life..”

“Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.”

Return to Maya Angelou Tribute

Compliments of Brainy Quote and Black America Web.

1 comment: