Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Soul Mate

Soul Mate
(4-27-2011)

     I've often wondered what it felt to be like Adam & Eve 
She was bone of his bone, flesh of his flesh. 
Born not from want but from need.
     Eve was his soul, his second self. 
They were equals commissioned to work side by side, 
neither one in front and neither one behind.
     Yet, she wondered away from her duty and his side, 
allowing satan to take her on a fruitless mental ride.
     She was blamed for the downfall of man, 
but there's more to the accusations that came from man.
     If Adam & Eve were commissioned to stay by each others side, 
what was Adam doing that was so intense that he forgot about his bride.
     They say hindsight is 20/20. 
So I don't think I want the love like them you see.  
He took her for granted and blamed her for their sin. 
He didn't even try to love within.
     She was bone of his bone, flesh of his flesh. 
Where was the love when it was put to the test.
     I won't be taken for granted
     I won't be unappreciated
     I won't take the blame for being a woman.
     I will stay by your side as long as you stay true to God's word, 
be responsible, and not be crass or absurd.
     For you showed me from the beginning you would betray your own soul, 
when you responded "the woman you gave to me", as an excuse to the Lord.

All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment